Questions for Discussion about Family Involvement or Health
1. What should my family do now?
2. How can their questions be answered?
3. Can/should we have a family meeting?
4. Who will keep my family informed if I can not?
5. Who will make decisions if I can not?
6. Discuss a communication network. Designate who in the family can be told information and who can't.
7. Does this disease have the potential to directly affect them?
8. Do they need screening tests?
9. Should my family consider genetic counseling?
10. Do they need preventative treatment?
11. What are the anticipated reactions from others? How can I most effectively deal with them?
12. Is there any one who specializes in helping me and/or my family deal with the emotional and social concerns?
Copyright © 1993-2000 Conversations: The International Ovarian Cancer Connection, All Rights Reserved.