Questions for General Discussion
1. What is my diagnosis?
2. What is actually happening to my body?
3. What caused this to happen?
4. This is what I know, or have heard, about the disease. Is it true?
5. Who are the experts in treating this disease and where are they located? If I am thinking about visiting these doctors for a second opinion, can I make my own appointment with them, or do you need to make it for me?
6. What is the natural history of the disease if it is left untreated? Include symptoms, time estimates, etc.
7. Is there anything unusual about my case?
8. I have these personal requests (such as, for my spouse to stay at night, for a specific diet, limitations imposed by other specific health problems, etc.). Will there be a problem with this? Can these be accommodated?
9. Any financial concerns? Example: what is covered by my health care plan and what is not?
Updated: Wednesday, August 08, 2007 01:12:33 AM